My thankyous --- CATCH ME ON FACEBOOK

Friday, February 20, 2009

a new beginning

Today a friend just told me to write something on my near death experience.
so here i go...


15 june 2007.

I had my final college practical of second semester. Still remember it was basic civil engineering and i was all blanck in the viva.
Came out. I had borrowed the bike from my roomie who was child hood friend and bhaiya.
Bhaiya got over with his finals a few days back and it was their final semester.
I called him, he told me they are in the movie "jhoom barabar jhoom". Sumit asked me if i can drop him on the way.
since it was raining badly we waited and left after 30 minutes.Talking about the examiner and all he told me to drive fast because next day we had the viva of c++.
Anyways his place was on the same road jus 2 km before my home.
We stopped in between to have paranthas.I loved aloo ka paranthas like anythin and that day don't know why it din't taste well.We ate payed and hit the road again.
i left him at his place.Then i was just 2 mins away from my home where i had an accident.
.
.
.
.
i opened my eyes i saw my mum standing by my side and i closed my eyes again.
next tym i opened my eyes and i felt as if i was being shifted from one bed to another and then it started moving.
i could see the bulbs on and closed my eyes. I opened my eyes when the anesthesiologist asked me some questions like where are you from?.......
next time i opened my eyes again when something pinched my left palm very very badly.
i could easliy make out that something was going inside.
I don't remember much but next time i opened my eyes were when they were shifting me to my room in the hospital from the I.C.U
MUM DAD BRO and a few relatives were there.
i got scared because i thought that they gonna take a run on me for doing this and not wearing an helmet!!!!
But they all were behaving very differently to what i had anticipated.
Anyways the room was awesome.
single room with a refrigerator,an AC a color t.v with cable connection. The white walls were decorated with some paintings which seemed to be old enough to find 
a place in the city museum.
Any ways I examined myself. my left arm was fractured and that was all i thought is damaged in my body.
The door opened and a fella with heavy specks covering half of his face wearing a white overcoat that told me that this guy is a doctor, entered.
Followed by a lady who seemed old but was energetic more than me and a young fellow who was lost somewhere.
Instead of looking at my fractured arm they were gazing at my forehead as if there was a map to eldorado printed there.
then the lady said to the lost fellow pointing her long finger towards my forehead "take it off".
Whoa, the guy bent over my head, took his hand to the back side and unwrapped my new skull which was covered with a bandage about 2 meters in length.
they said turning towards my parents.
we will cut the stuches in a few days.
the moment i heard the door being closed. i asked dad, "papa kahaan kahaan lagi hai mujhe??"
The answer was a long one i'l summarise it for you.
i had a fractured skull, a brain clot, fractured rib, nuckles,collar bone and a vertebral coloumn crushed.

i was on injections and heavy medicines and it took 15 days for me to get fine and doctors told me to go for physiotherapy.
i went there and i realised i could not control the palm of my right hand.
i was sent back to my room. the doctor was back and i was sent for the m.r.i scan immediately. since i was weak i was taken away on a wheel chair.
It was fun lying on the cold tray and being pushed inside the mouth of a huge machine.
told me to close my eyes but i could feel the shades of the light moving over my head.
i came out and the reports were handed to us at the very same moment.
the seriousness of the problem was so much that i was sent bak on a  stretcher.
and was told not to move my neck for 3 days.
the problem was that the C7 coloumn was crushed and was compressing my spinal cord which could get cut if i try to move my neck and that would leave me paralysed for the rest of my life

My college people used to come to the hospital and meet me.And i was in constant touch with the girl i loved at that time and still love.
She was back in jammu and dint know about the accident because my cell was off.
she got to know when one of my very close friend told her.
She used to tell me that u'l fine very soon.
i still love her.
Anyways, after trying a medicine for three days the doctors decided to operate on me.
And i came to know that this was no easy operation the chances of collapsing were there.
30 june i had my operation and i was outside the operation theatre when i told my mum about her.
i just dint want to hide anything from her cause i knew that there are chances that i might not come out of the o.t
Anyways mum was crying, they took me in rolling the stretcher. i entered a big hall. it was like as cold as a cold storage.
the same anesthesiologist was there, he asked me for my name and all and i was unconscious in moments.
i woke uo alone on a bed and made out that it was the i.c.u
i tried to spkeak but i could not.
to operate they slit open my throat and implanted a bone cut from my waist area and covered it with a plate and sealed the skin.
i saw mum coming in i asked for water but i was told that i can't sip or eat anything fer a few days.
2 days later i was shifted to my room.
and in 7 days i started my physiotherapy again.
Now the thing that was bothering me was that i had already missed a practical n 2 final exams were also gone.
If i missed all the 5 exams and a practical, that would be a semester back for me (i won;t b promosted to the next semester!!!).
the next exam was on 7 july, and i missed it too.
Just two exams to go and i still could not sit with my back straight cos i was operated upon my waist and neck.
My girl had her aieee counselling coming close.
we were keeping in touch through text messages i even could not wish her happy b'day. i know how bad and helpless she must be feeling but she was with me, holding my hand and telling me we gonna come out of this very soon.
When she said "we" i just fell in love with her more than anything.
Now it was on me to decide to give the exam or stay back.
I decided that m gonna try.
next morning i told dad he said i better take rest but i was adamant.
Then he had no option to agree he went to my college and then he himself went to the court and all.
He gave in his 100% and arranged a writer for me and all the formalities.
12 morning i left for the exam in the ambulance.
indore roads are less roads more potholes i pained me badly.
chirayu who was my writer was a very helpful guy.
it was basic mechanical engg.
i sat down saw the exam n we started.
after 2hours 30 minutes i gave up.
the pain was at its peak and we had already attempted somewhere around 80% or the paper.
we came out, i discussed my answers with bhaiya and we were sure that m gonna clear this exam.
i reached back, moment i sat down on the wheel chair i got a call from her. i was talking to her and they rolled my chair to the god's idol. she gave me the good news, that i have been wishing for 6 months.
i went to my doctor and was delighted.
I was shifted on my bed.
that lost fellow came in and he cut my stiches.
and next day i was discharged with a bedrest advised for 2 months.
everyone was saying if we are so sure for this exam lets not give the next one. Dunno y i din't agree and gave the next exam too.
WE left for home on 16 morning.
On 16 she left from jammu for her college and we kept messaging throughout the journey.
17 night we reched jammu.
it was midnight, there were so many people who had come to recieve me.
3 different cars were there.
i reached back outside my home , there were neighbours....
i went in and slept when everybody had left.
A few minor operations followed she came back home for 3 days to meet me.
friends came over.
everyone was so supporting...
Even now my right palm is not fine i have developed a new way of holding a pen to write, i have started using my left hand like for eating holding stuff.
i accepted whatever happened and din't cry in front of anyone.
but alone i still cry.
not for what i have lost, but for what i have gained.
life can change in moments.
it did for me too.
AND about that accident, i have now memory ,i don't remember anything, i even couldnot recognise my best friend and many relatives.when i opened my eyes for the first time it had already been 24 hours of i'd say sound sleep....
people say that i was hit by a tempo and slammed head on into the divider.some say i was not touched cause dey thought i was already dead and got to know that i am alive cos they found my heart beating.

PS: i flunked in the exam that we were too sure to clear and managed to clear the next exam.
no advice or golden words for anyone just one thing
WEAR A HELMET!!!
luv u all ... luv u too

9 comments:

VJ said...

it was heart touching..:')...
gud work dear..:)

Kanav Sharma said...

jst one word..

"exceptional"

PHOENIX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PHOENIX said...

thanx bhai fr the favour....
it ws reely interesting reading ur blog ,how u went thru the thick n thins of ur bad phase.
Life reely can change in moments as it did fr me,n i can c , fr u too.
but thats how it goes.

these words "she was with me, holding my hand and telling me we gonna come out of this very soon." touched me .
if this is not a work of fiction n u reely have this girl in ur lyf, then i consider u a way more fortunate that v ppl , who may b fr the rest of their lives search fr luv n will still nt be sure that whether they will bw able to find it or nt .

i ll jus say that how u have been all thru this period and got over all this ,is phenomenal buddy .. :) i wish u get erythin in lyf u aspire for :) god bless u :):)

surbhit said...

@ suhaas
yea she is wid me but in a very different way......rest thanx for givin me d idea of writin dis...

n thanx a lot for kanav n vijeta

G said...

wow... that was one straight from the heart writeup ! amazing read.. u r indeed blessed to have such friends in life that people crave so much to have ... tc !

Anonymous said...

i dunno wt u say bt i regret my b'dy..........on my b'dy i ws very much upset wit u bt nw i regret tht day.........i regret wen my frnd ws on death table i thot wrng abt u.......it came in2 my mind tht u hav changed....evn i rem u msgd me on 9 july to wish me n i reacted so badly...........m seriously proud of u....all ur frnz r proud of u........tc buddy god bless u n u'll definately get wt u want

surbhit said...

thanx honey, i really wanted to wish u .... tc luv u

Unknown said...

incredible fighting spirit...!!!!

 
web site traffic stats