My thankyous --- CATCH ME ON FACEBOOK

Thursday, December 30, 2010

unforgettable journeys

28 August 2006
9:00 AM

As the engine whistled, I got in the train. My mom and my dad didn’t. They were at the platform and they were not travelling with me. I hadn’t stayed away from my family for more than two days. This time we knew it will be long. I was leaving for my college. My mom knew that this is something which is necessary, but , it was hard for her to come to the fact that I won’t be around. I was least interested to go. I was not interested to join my college. I was not looking forward to the hostel life or anything. I just didn’t want to leave. As the train moved I saw a drop of tear rolling down her cheek, which was way too far for me to wipe it off. As if I skipped a heartbeat. I came to the fact about how tough it’s going to be. The train moved on and she was out of my sight soon, my tears which were hiding from my mother made their presence felt as soon as my train left the platform.

16th July 2007
11:30 PM

I was in the train with Mom and Dad. Two of my friends who were also in Indore with me, accompanied us. The pain in my shoulder and arm was getting out of control, but compared to the what pain I got a month back, this was actually nothing. So, I reached the door and I stopped for a moment to take a look around. There were around 10 people standing down waiting for me to get down. My Dad helped me to get down and I declined the wheel chair. I decided that I can walk to the car. I was overwhelmed and surprised. As I stepped down, there was this feeling of being home. Jammu. I thought that finally it’s all over and I have made it home, safe and alive. I controlled my tears because I did not want anyone their to lose their enthusiasm. The car stopped in front of my house it was almost midnight but everyone was standing out waiting to see if I was fine. My friends and neighbors. I took a step and there she was standing. My aunt, very close to our family. I hugged her and that’s when I could not control my emotions. I was not sad, I was just happy to make it.

21 June 2010
4:30 PM

I was at the railway station again. This time I was not alone. It was me along with my roommate from Delhi and two friends who had come to see us off. College got over and this was it, we were leaving. There were no tears, just promises to keep in touch and yearly meets. The train moved and we got inside. I was going home. I was unemployed so the happiness of being home was compromised. I was making plans of getting enrolled in some course which will also give me a job later on. I reached Delhi. Me and my friend said good bye. I reached home and called my friend who had come to see me off. Moments later my brother walked in, back from office.

12 October 2010
11:30 PM

I was at the Delhi airport. As happy as I can be. I was going home, with a job and the best part was that I would be spending nothing less than two months “being home”. I was texting all my friends, I called my Mom about what I wanted for lunch , I put in my earplugs and put on some RnB. I reached home. Today it has been almost 1 and a half month. I have got used to being home again. I feel the same way I felt when I was in school. I know that I have to leave soon, again, for a long time, this time it will be longer than ever before. I know that time my Mom and Dad will come to see me off. I know that I will again hold my tears until they are out of sight. I know that I’ll not be ok.

10 comments:

vandy said...

made me senti.

Neither i nor my parents thought that i wil mis them so much.
First was a 2days trip
then 4days then 10 days n nw it is of nearly a month n months later it wil be longer than ever.

Missing my mom so much
cnt even tel her hw much i m missing her cuz then she wont let me go ever again.

Unknown said...

Too much emotional blog !!!!!
somethings r better kept inside rather than revealing ur identity infront of everybody !!!!! Keep the world guessing about you !!!!

SEPO said...

so sweet. full of emotions. very well written.

surbhit said...

Vandy..... certainly, you realise only when u r away....
@ sneha, thank u mam

@ ankur bhaiya. your comment came at the perfect time. I am going to enter a professional field and I do realise that that my blog is too much emotional. I had already decided before your comment that i will give it a break, untill I learn to keep things inside me.
thanx for the comment

funkyrave said...

Just wanted to say.. May u have many many Happy unforgettable journeys more..
Keep Rocking
Happy new year :)

Reenam said...

amazing style of expressing, engrossing lines..cheers!!

Neha Verma said...

da u have beautifully expressed ur feelings in very simple words...its very very beautiful, n obviously very emotional..hum sab isi daur se nikle hain :) it reminds us all of our tym when we left home n parents for d very first tym n for a very long tym..

surbhit said...

thank you ravi, thank you reenam and n last but not the least, thank you neha :)

gauti said...

the journeys of life that we all have lived and will go on living....of some are unforgettable as the ones you have mentioned here....

a fab job and a wonderful description.... :)

animesh said...

took me nine years back when I left home for my MCA. I still remember the day when I was standing on the platform with my parents, brothers and some of my best friends. And guess what; he slipped a pack of cigarettes to my pocket secretly:)
Well, jokes apart I really missed all this during my initial phase there (I was in Orissa where no-one knew Hindi or English and I din't know Oriya).
Nice post, nice topic dude. Keep the good work up.
Just like that...

 
web site traffic stats