My thankyous --- CATCH ME ON FACEBOOK

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The story that transformed me PART ONE

THIS IS A TRUE STORY, I HAVE JUST CHANGED THE NAMES
.
.
In my last valentine's special post, I mentioned about the person, who's story transformed my life.
Now i think it won't be much of a painstaking job for me to let you through the experience he had, with the help of my words. Hope you don't pall.
After my brother's marriage, my life had turned upside down. Not because my brother got married, but because i got dumped just 4 days before his marriage. The ceremonies kept me busy and after 1 month when i reached Indore back, things were very different. There were no phone calls to wake you up, there were no phone calls to wish you goodnight. I had my exams at the corner and the surroundings of my house started to haunt me with the memories that were never coming back. I tried calling to get back together from time to time but with every call it seemed impossible. I decided that if i stay at my place, i won't be able to study, so left for his place.
He was working, elder to me, very supporting, used to see me cry many times a day. It was one evening and i had not done anything remarkable with my books since the day had started.
He told me to take two chairs on the rooftop. Since, the chairs were quite heavy it took me some time to get them upstairs. The view was awesome, it was the 7th floor of the building and for a city like Indore you could actually see the skyline, the panoramic view was astonishing. The sun had half disappeared and the sky was glowing orange, there were a few kids playing on the rooftop of their bungalow.
I heard his foot steps and turned around to see him holding two cups, sorry mugs, of coffee.
We sat down and he started talking about my studies which made me a bit uncomfortable as in reality i hadn't studied anything since the morning.
"Is it because of your breakup that this is happening??"
"I don't know, may be yes"
He smiled, rather laughed at me and that was the reaction that i had least expected.
He took a sip of his coffee and said,
"I'll tell you a story"

It was in December 2007 when Ashima would blush on anything.
People around her were happy, so was she, she was getting married
It was the day of her engagement.
Ashima and Vishal had been together for 4 years, they saw each other on the day of their counselling, happened to choose the same college and same branch, became great buddies and lovers
Vishal was slim, tall, working with a multinational company and was earning well.
Ashima was short, her face was ovoid shaped and big eyes made her look like a doll.
Vishal's family had arranged for the engagement, and everything was almost ready.
Vishal's phone rang
"hieeeee"
"hey baby where have you reached"
"well we are two hours away from indore'
"hmmm, m waiting"
"vishal, i just wanted to tell you that..."
"that....???"
"that i love you..."
"i love you too, now you hangup and don't disturb the driver"
"oh i am not, but he is one hot dude!!!"
"achcha, ussi se shaadi karle fir"
"sochte hain.... hehehe"
"chal bye"
"bye"
.
.
Vishal continued with his work and soon it was 4 pm, the time of arrival for Ashima and family, Vishal called her up but her cell was coming switched off.
He called her brother his number was coming out of reach
Then he called his father's number
the bell rang for a while and vishal was growing restless.
"Hello" a person picked up, breathing heavy, vishal knew it was not her father, he had many talks with him before to butter him up to agree for the engagement to be in Indore.
"Who's this"
since the person said the same words to me, i'll write the same words here
"Dekhiye aap jo bhi bol rahe hai, is family ka accident ho gaya hai, aap please jaldi Bombay hospital aa jaaye, ya inke parichit ko inform karde"
(see, whoever you are, this family had a terrific accident so you please rush to the Bombay hospital or else inform their relatives)
"m coming in 10 minutes" vishal said, hung up and ran across the garden towards his car
He was only yards away from his place when his dad called up
"what happened where are you going??" his dad's voice had concern
"papa ashima ki car ka accident ho gaya hai, bombay hospital mein hai, please jaldi aa jao, m going there only"
.
.
.
.
.
.
it does not end here , Ashima didn't die, the story continued, and il tell it to you....


3 comments:

vandy said...

dying to knw wat happened next


BTW ashima is sis of my bestest friend ;)

Eksha said...

hey...datz nt fair...temme rest f d part...

funkyrave said...

Oh!! Finish it S!.. Want to know rest of it !!
PS: U r learning very fast!! keep \m/

 
web site traffic stats